Friday 22 April 2011

My mother's apprentice...

Sooo...
Happy Good Friday people of blogworld. Is that what you say on Good Friday. Oh well.
I woke up at a staggering 8.03 a.m. today and now I'm boiling in my sunshine filled room (seriously you can get sunburnt in here, it almost happened once when i was reading by the window for ages... my back went REALLY red). But all is OK, I've turned the fan on and I'm sitting in the shade, which is a shame because I should be in the sun but the heat is toooo much anyway.

So, i wake up this morning and begin to READ (why i don't know), well i was waiting for something on TV so i thought why don't i read till then. I start reading on my lovely big bed and i get all comfy and then.... rumbleeeee. I'M HUNGRY. I asked my parents what was for breakfast and I came up with the idea of a SPANISH OMELETTE. yum! We had everything in the house. Eggs. Tomatoes. Onion. Whatever else was needed. But then i decided I wanted to try a Cheese Omelette, unfortunately we had no Cheese in the house. I KNOW. It's awful. Worry not, because we then decided to go to Sainsburys and i proudly wore my walking boots though there wasn't much need because..

  1. They don't need that much wearing in.
  2. It's not a 2 mile trek to Sainsburys
  3. MY FEET WERE GOING TO BOIL (they didn't I'd worn them quite loose)
At Sainburys we actually bought more than we came for, which is unusual because we don't normally do that... although it did mean that I got an EASTER EGG. This is big for me because my family don't really celebrate easter and we hardly get any eggs, but now we have  a HUGE Malteser one :D.

After coming home I got set on making my omelette with an addition of HAM. (Sorry vegetarians, but a substitute can be mushrooms). My firste priority was getting my mum out of the kitchen otherwise she would keep on interrupting my creative cooking flowwwww..  by telling me to not-do-this and do-this....
Though, once she told me something worthwhile, then i kicked her out the kitchen. So here is my wonderful creation, i was V. proud of it.



This is my Dad's omelette. I made 4 in the end because i had a lot of egg to start with.

This looks more proffessional 'a mon avi'. he he

Here is MY OMELETTE.  (omelettes. i wasn't being greedy. i just made 2 small ones :D)

GIF animations generator gifup.com



And with that it was gone....
C'etait tres delichhhhh.
One of the best parts was that my mum thinks I'm going to be like her, hence the title. I am my mother's apprentice, learning from each of her dishes. I've learnt to make pasta as well, ok i knew how but i never tried it out. PLUS. I have perfected the art of Maggi Noodles. : ))))))
I've been informed by my mother that our garden has a new flower so i shall be taking photos of that now. Goodbyeee.
Happy Holidays..
Keep Following
xx.

1 comment:

SR said...

Wow.. ! Your mom is the best person to learn cooking from.. she makes some awesome stuff..:)
Good luck..
PS: Your omelett looks pretty good..